Friendsview Residents Website
Official Job Title: Student Worker
Flexible to meet school schedule, generally 10 hours per week, to max 235 hours per year: August 1—July 31. Must reapply each year.
Starting Pay Rate: $10.25/hr
Job Objective/ Summary:
The student worker will provide basic support to one or more of Friendsview’s departments in carrying out the mission and values of the organization. All workers are expected to adhere to Friendsview’s policies and procedures, including those covering privacy and security in compliance with HIPAA regulations, and codes of conduct. Maintains confidentiality and respects residents privacy at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
Human Resources/Facility Services Department
• Assists with filing confidential employee information
• Prepares new hire and benefit packets
• Assists employees in completing on-line Relias training
• May take minutes for Health & Safety Committee meetings
• Assists with organization-wide events
• Assists with various HR projects
• Assists Facility Services department with administrative tasks
• Assists Facility Services department with various projects
Microsoft Office products
• Assists in planning and carrying out organizational events
• Maintains confidentiality of information
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates the values of Friendsview Retirement Community: integrity, stewardship, compassion, community, excellence, dignity, service, Friends heritage.
• Attends, participates in, and completes orientation, training and educational activities as required.
• Dresses appropriately, following appropriate dress and uniform policies and guidelines.
• Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance as per job requirements and Friendsview’s policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Job Education, Licenses/Certifications, Knowledge & Experience:
o Basic skills learned in a relatively short period of time
o Student currently enrolled in college
• Supervising (direct reports and level of supervision): no supervisory responsibilities
• Decision Making: Receives general supervision and a set of broadly understood position expectations. Decision-making with limited discretion, latitude, or negotiation. Assistance or resources are readily available.
• Interpersonal Skills/Interactions: Interactions may be both one-on-one and in group settings, with own work group or other departments. Communications are routine and non-routine in nature and may require discussion. Communication and interpersonal skills are important and must be appropriate to the situation. May have contact with the public.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
• Must be demonstrate qualities of a team player who helps those served grow as persons, become wiser, freer and more autonomous; and still provides a systematic, data-oriented perspective to business decisions.
• Must be able to interact appropriately and effectively with residents and staff.
• Must be able to effectively manage time and work independently.
• As required by the department, must be competent in relevant computer and on-line programs.
• Must be able to appropriately interact with people from diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic and other cultural groups.
• Must successfully pass the Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check and, if applicable, fingerprinting.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Must be able to pass the pre-employment reference checks.
• Must be able to provide a copy of his/her own social security card for W-4 documentation.
• Must be able to provide applicable documentation(s) for I-9 in order to establish identity and authorization to work in the US.
Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Category II: Your tasks involve no routine exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, or other contaminated materials. In the event of an unexpected blood, body fluid or tissue spill there will be an employee available who has been designated to take responsibility for clean-up and decontamination of potentially infectious body substances. You are not to come in contact with potentially infectious body substances.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• May sit at a desk in front of a computer, keyboarding for up to two hours at a time.
• May involve occasional sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending.
• May occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
• May be asked to assist residents with walking.
Note: This job description is representative of the major position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY. Incomplete or illegible applications will not be processed.
Return Printed Applications To:
Friendsview Human Resources
Attn: Colleen Aguilar
1301 Fulton Street
Newberg, Oregon 97132